PE & Sport Premium
In 2013-14 the Government launched its PE and Sport Funding. This funding is based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6 and must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that we offer.
The school must use its funding to:-
develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining our school in future years
For example, the funding can be used to:-
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Please click here for more information on our PE and Sport Premium.